Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ 2022 World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest Winners Announced
More than 250 barbecue teams competed at the 2022 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest, presented by Cotton Holdings, Feb. 24 – 26, 2022. On Saturday night, one team was named Grand Champion Overall — Williamson County Go Texan.
Over the course of three days, teams from across Texas and the world competed for championship titles in the following categories: Brisket, Ribs, Chicken, Go Texan, Dutch Oven Dessert and the new Open Contest.
For the second time, the World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest hosted a Jr. Cook-off. These young competitors, 8 to 14 years old, were given a steak to prepare, and were judged on appearance/presentation, tenderness and taste.
The 2022 World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest winners are:
- Grand Champion Overall – Williamson County Go Texan
- Reserve Grand Champion Overall – Mama and Papa Joe’s BBQ
- Champion – Cowboys 4 Heroes
- Second Place – Jasper County Go Texan
- Third Place – Fayette County
- Champion – Brew Crew Cookers
- Second Place – San Patricio County Go Texan
- Third Place – Letsos Pan-Handlers
- Champion – Gettin Sauced Cookers
- Second Place – Goliad County Go Texan
- Third Place – Los Gallos
- Grand Champion – Jasper County Go Texan
- Reserve Champion – Metro Go Texan 2/Q’ston Barbecue
Dutch Oven Dessert
- Champion – Willis Group – Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- Second Place – Rusty’s Smoke BBQ – Hazelnut Chocolate Cheesecake
- Third Place – NRG Energy, Inc. – Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Champion – Clifton Chevy Cookers, LLC – Seafood Surprise
- Second Place – Cotton Q Club – Q Club Surf & Turf
- Third Place – Ritch’s Raiders – Steak & Lobster
- Champion – RJ Fite, Asleep at the Grill
- Second Place – Raelyn Barker, Circle D-A Cookers
- Third Place – Vince Martinez, Metro Go Texan 3/Midnight Mavericks
- Best Façade – Cotton Club
- Go Texan Best Façade – Brazos County
- Best Overall Theme – Over the Hill Gang
- Go Texan Best Overall Theme – Mills County
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo promotes agriculture by hosting an annual, family-friendly experience that educates and entertains the public, supports Texas youth, showcases Western heritage and provides year-round educational support within the community. Since its beginning in 1932, the Rodeo has committed more than $550 million to the youth of Texas and education. The 2022 Rodeo is scheduled for Feb. 28 – March 20. The 2022 World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest, presented by Cotton Holdings, is scheduled for Feb. 24 – 26. For more information, visit rodeohouston.com and connect with #RODEOHOUSTON online via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube for all the latest news.