More Than 3,000 Participants Joined the 2021 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ Virtual Rodeo Run
More than 3,300 Rodeo fans and running enthusiasts from near and far participated virtually in the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo’s 34th annual Rodeo Run, presented by ConocoPhillips. Runners represented 44 states and 14 countries, covering a total of 15,040 miles over the course of nine days, May 1 – 9.
2021 Virtual Rodeo Run, By the Numbers:
- Overall Number of Participants: 3,367
- Includes 5K, 10K, 1932 Challenge, Kids Run and Sleep-In Option
- Number of 1932 Challenge Participants: 1,095
- Number of Kids Run Participants: 156
- Total Number of Miles Covered: 15,040
- Number of Counties in Texas Represented: 66
- Number of States Represented: 44
- Number of Countries Represented: 14
- Number of Rodeo Committees Represented: 21
To learn more about Rodeo Run, click here.
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo promotes agriculture by hosting an annual, family-friendly experience that educates and entertains the public, supports Texas youth, showcases Western heritage and provides year-round educational support within the community. Since its beginning in 1932, the Rodeo has committed more than $500 million to the youth of Texas and education. For more information, visit rodeohouston.com and connect with #RODEOHOUSTON online via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube for all the latest news.