Plans for the 2022 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ are in full-swing, and we can’t wait to welcome everyone back in February and March for our 90th anniversary.
The health and safety of our employees, volunteers, exhibitors, participants, vendors and guests remains our top priority.
We continue to work closely with medical experts and local health officials to ensure we’re following proper guidance from local, state and national health authorities.
Masks, a negative COVID-19 test and/or proof of vaccination are not required to attend our event, however, we recommend all guests to take health precautions and follow the CDC’s health and safety guidelines, whether that’s getting fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including the COVID-19 booster or wearing a face covering.
Anyone, including employees, volunteers, guests and exhibitors/competitors who are feeling ill or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms are encouraged to stay home. Those who live with someone who has COVID are also encouraged to stay home.
The following health protocols and actions will be implemented during the 2022 Rodeo.
Health Protocols as of Jan. 18, 2022
- Handwashing stations will be located in AGVENTURE, near the petting zoo and pony rides, as well as outdoors near Fun on the Farm and Mutton Bustin’.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the grounds.
- There will be frequent sanitizing of common touchpoints, including handrails, doorknobs, faucets, food service counters, etc.
- Signage to encourage guests to wash their hands frequently.
- There will be frequent restroom cleaning and restocking of hand soap and paper towels.
- Face coverings will be required for those using public transportation to the Rodeo, including METRORail, METRO bus, Rodeo Express bus, and private shuttles, under the Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) face mask requirement. The Rodeo will provide masks for riders utilizing public transportation.
- HVAC systems have been adjusted to provide maximum input of fresh air into NRG Stadium and NRG Center.
- Many concession stands in NRG Center and NRG Arena, and the majority of the stands in NRG Stadium, will be cashless.
- All transactions in the Champion Wine Garden will be cashless.
- Electronic ordering will be available for food orders, in select areas inside NRG Stadium.
- Electronic delivery of RODEOHOUSTON tickets is available through AXS, the Rodeo’s ticket provider.
- Electronic purchase/delivery of Rodeo carnival tickets is available.