Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ security procedures include, but are not limited to, performing body wand and bag checks at several NRG Park entrance gates, and random bag checks at all NRG Stadium gates.
Patrons should allow additional time to enter the grounds, as these security measures may be in place as they arrive at the event.
This information is posted at all gates and park-and-ride locations:
All patrons are subject to wand and bag check screening at entrance gates.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- air horns
- banners bearing advertisements
- banners judged to be in poor taste or offensive
- beach balls
- flag poles
- Frisbee® and other sports discs
- hover boards
- laser pointers
- professional camera equipment (photography lenses over 3 inches in length)
- selfie sticks
Audio recording is not allowed in NRG Stadium.
Video recording is not allowed in the stadium during RODEOHOUSTON®.
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™, in an effort to provide a safe environment and promote a family-friendly atmosphere at the city’s iconic entertainment event, will prohibit concealed and open carry of handguns by private citizens at the Rodeo.
NRG Park bans the use of all remotely controlled devices such as aircraft, cars, etc.
- No remotely controlled aircraft or ground vehicle devices are authorized to operate on, above or below NRG Park property at any time without the express written consent of SMG, Harris County Sports & Convention Corporation or the proper law enforcement authority.
- This procedure includes, but is not limited to unmanned aircraft systems, radio controlled model aircraft, other devices that can be operated in airspace and remote controlled cars/ground vehicles.
- Possession or operation of such remotely controlled aircraft or ground vehicle devices without prior written consent will result in the confiscation of all related materials, removal from NRG Park property, and/or a response from law enforcement authority.
- NRG Park will notify the Federal Aviation Administration and/or the Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF), and/ or any other law enforcement authority deemed necessary of any incidents involving airborne aircraft or any other unauthorized remote controlled ground based vehicles.
- Events requiring the use of any such prohibited items listed above must receive a prior written notification of approval from SMG, HCSCC or the proper law enforcement authority. Any and all entities requesting to utilize a remotely controlled device must sign the appropriate documentation prior to bringing any such equipment on to, above or below NRG Park property.
The safety of everyone is paramount for Rodeo patrons to enjoy a fun atmosphere. Please note that all personal belongings (such as purses, camera cases, back packs, strollers, etc.) are subject to search at any given time on the Rodeo grounds by Show officials and/or law enforcement officers for security reasons. Anyone refusing to be searched will not be allowed on the Rodeo grounds. Video taping is not allowed within NRG Stadium, nor are outside food and drinks, including those purchased elsewhere at NRG Park.
For the safety concerns of patrons, NRG Park may refuse entry of individuals in possession of prohibited items including, but not limited to:
- all weapons and firearms,
- all handguns,
- air horns,
- video recorders,
- audio recorders,
- professional camera equipment,
- photography lenses over 3” in length,
- sealed packages of any kind,
- inflatable objects (beach balls, swim equipment, etc.),
- illegal substances,
- laser pointers/pens,
- outside food or beverage (Exceptions are made for medical reasons and children),
- remote controlled cars,
- binocular cases and
- camera cases.
This list is in no way exhaustive, and other items may be prohibited at the sole discretion of NRG Stadium Management.
Gates to NRG Stadium open 45 minutes before the start of the Rodeo performance.