The 2019 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ Go Texan Day Contest gives your organization the opportunity to win great prizes and gain recognition while celebrating Go Texan Day and Western Heritage during the Rodeo season. The contest is simple to enter and only requires a video upload displaying how your organization’s event celebrated Go Texan Day.
Winners and runner-up’s will be selected from eight categories, including:
- Primary / Elementary School
- Secondary (Middle/High) School
- Retail (Customer focused event)
- Small Business (< 50 employees)
- Large Business (50+ employees)
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Government Agency (local, city, state or federal)
- Bar / Restaurant
Winners will be presented a “Bowlegged H” trophy, Grand Entry participation for two people from the organization, and 10 grounds passes to the Houston Livestock Show for Tuesday, March 5, 2019.
Runners up will be presented a “Bowlegged H” trophy and six grounds passes to the Houston Livestock Show for Tuesday, March 5, 2019.
All participants will receive a certificate suitable for framing and display.
Your Go Texan Day event can be as simple or as creative as imaginable and include activities such as:
- Encouraging employees to dress Western (including jeans, boots, hats and other Western attire). You could even add a Best Western Dressed contest to your event for added flare.
- Decorating with Western themed décor such as a Western display in the lobby or a fun door decorating contest between employees.
- Celebrating with an employee barbecue luncheon or a competitive cook-off (chili, beans, salsa, etc.)
- Relaxing with country and Western music or dancing at your event.
|Feb. 15 – 24, 2019
|Time frame of when your event should take place.
|Feb. 15, 2019
|Contest entry page opens.
|Feb. 25, 2019
|Contest entry deadline.
|Feb. 28 – March 2, 2019
|Public online voting of entries.
|March 4, 2019
|March 5, 2019
|Winning representatives attend Rodeo.
A panel of judges will evaluate all entries based on:
- As part of the entry submission, you must upload a video, 30 seconds or less in length, and it should display highlights from your Go Texan Day event. The video can be raw footage of the event, a video montage or a slideshow of photos.
This video must be uploaded to YouTube, set to “Public” viewable, and the link copied and pasted to the Go Texan Day Contest submission page.
One entry per organization.
- How well the event embraces Western heritage
- Degree of organizational participation
- How the organization raises awareness of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
- Creativity and uniqueness of activities
- Overall quality and presentation of the video
- The top five videos from each category will be eligible for the public judging.