Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ Names Winners of the School Art Program’s Inaugural Graphic Design Contest
Today, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo recognized award winners of the School Art Program’s inaugural Graphic Design Contest. Students were encouraged to create a graphic design of a Western art-themed poster advertising the Rodeo’s School Art program.
Entries were judged on originality, creativity, skill and effectiveness. Winning entries receive a cash award, and the overall winning design will be printed and distributed to schools enrolled in the Rodeo’s School Art Program.
2021 Graphic Design Contest Award Winners:
- First Place: Jimena Medina, Dobey High School
- Second Place: Pristine Hysten, Sweeny High School
- Third Place: Ashling DeGraaf, Frassati Catholic High School
- Fourth Place: Christian Del Valle, Frassati Catholic High School
- Fifth Place: Emma Sellers, Frassati Catholic High School
- Sixth Place: Samuel Idah-oze, Thurgood Marshall High School
- Seventh Place: Justin Jurek, Columbus High School
- Eighth Place: Melanie Abdallah, Frassati Catholic High School
- Ninth Place: Kayla Tillis, Tarkington High School
- Tenth Place: Agustin Lara, Columbus High School
To learn more about the Rodeo’s School Art Program, click here.
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo promotes agriculture by hosting an annual, family-friendly experience that educates and entertains the public, supports Texas youth, showcases Western heritage and provides year-round educational support within the community. Since its beginning in 1932, the Rodeo has committed more than $500 million to the youth of Texas and education. For more information, visit rodeohouston.com and connect with #RODEOHOUSTON online via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube for all the latest news.