To: Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ Livestock Show Exhibitors, Teachers and Agents
From: Livestock Competitions Staff
Subject: 2021 Junior Show Update
Happy New Year! We are looking forward to the 2021 Junior Livestock Show in March and wanted to share a few updates with you regarding the show.
Electronic W-9 Submission: New for 2021, we have implemented the electronic submission of W-9 forms for all exhibitors. Please note that if an exhibitor had a previous W9 on file, they would not have received their unique email to upload their W-9 electronically. The W-9 collection process will be on-going and will not affect the eligibility of the exhibitor to show at the 2021 Show. The submission of W-9’s will be critical for all exhibitors that win premiums; therefore, after the completion of the show, we will contact all exhibitors that are missing an electronic W-9. All exhibitors without a W-9 on file will have their premium check held until one has been successfully submitted.
Show Grounds Admission: Due to limited capacity of facilities located at NRG Park, the following wristbands will be distributed per exhibitor per show:
No wristbands will be mailed out. They will all be distributed at staging.
- Exhibitor: 2 wristbands; exhibitor plus one adult
- Ag Mechanics: 4 wristbands; 3 contestants and one adult per project entry
- Teachers & Agents: 1 wristband for teacher or agent, must have a valid entry in the show you are attending.
- Note: grounds/exhibitor passes from the 2020 show will not be accepted for entry.
Show Parking: All exhibitor/contestant parking will be located on grounds at NRG Park and distributed as follows:
- Exhibitor: one parking pass per show entered
- Teachers & Agents: one parking pass, must have a valid entry in the show you are attending.
No parking passes will be mailed out. They will all be distributed at staging.
Auctions: Jr. Show Auctions have been moved to May except for Junior Commercial Steer. More information will be posted as available.
Schedule Changes: The following schedule changes have been made for the 2021 show:
- Young Guns Shooting Sports: contest moved to March 12 – 13 at Greater Houston Sport Club
- Archery Contest: contest moved to March 20 – 21 at NRG Arena
- Grand Steer Drive & Steer Move-out: The grand champion steer selection will take place in the Main Cattle Arena 30 minutes after the last breed champion is selected on Friday, March 19. All steers must be moved out of NRG Center by 8 p.m. on Friday, March 19.
- The full schedule of livestock show events taking place on Feb. 27 – March 21 can be found on the Livestock Exhibitor page of the website.
Archery & Young Guns Shooting Sports Refunds and Entry: Since the date of these contests has changed since entry was taken, we will allow refunds of entry fees if a refund is requested by Jan. 15. In addition, we will allow exhibitors to enter into these two contests with no late fees through Feb. 1 — entry will be accepted as space is available. Below you will find forms to request a refund or entry:
Youth Breeding Rabbit/Cavy Entry: The online entry system will go live on Monday, Jan. 11 for entry into the youth breeding rabbit/cavy show. The deadline to enter these shows is Feb. 5. Entry will be accepted online only; no paper entries will be accepted for 2021. Please note that each exhibitor will only receive two wristbands at staging and only one parking pass. There will be no additional wristbands and/or parking available for purchase. Please take this into account when determining how many animals you intend to enter into the show. More information can be found on the Livestock Exhibitor page of the website.
Llama & Alpaca Show: Entry forms for the llama and alpaca shows will be posted on Jan. 11, and entries must be postmarked by Feb. 5. Please note that each exhibitor will only receive two wristbands at staging and only one parking pass. There will be no additional wristbands and/or parking available for purchase. Please take this into account when determining how many animals you intend to enter into the show. More information can be found on the Livestock Exhibitor page of the website.
We hope you remain safe and healthy. Of course, should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. You may contact the Livestock Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 832.667.1125.
Thank you for entering the 2021 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. One thing we have learned over the last year is that we might all have to be flexible if additional changes should come. Our goal is to continue to communicate with you as we lead up to our Show.