Today, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo recognized award winners of the School Art Program’s 2023 Graphic Design Contest. Students were encouraged to create a graphic design of a Western art-themed poster advertising the Rodeo’s School Art Program.
Entries were judged on originality, creativity, skill and effectiveness. Winning entries receive a cash award, and the overall winning design will be printed and distributed to schools enrolled in the Rodeo’s School Art Program.
2023 Graphic Design Contest Award Winners:
About the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
- First Place: Jared Martinez, Pasadena ISD
- Second Place: Angelina Allen, Conroe ISD
- Third Place: Gabriel Pardo, Needville ISD
- Fourth Place: Wendy Mendoza, Ganado ISD
- Fifth Place: Thomas Hendricks, Klein ISD
- Sixth Place: Isa Khann, Klein ISD
- Seventh Place: Faith Sojobi, Fort Bend ISD
- Eighth Place: Diana Martinez, Fort Bend ISD
- Ninth Place: Crystal Fu, Fort Bend ISD
- Tenth Place: Bella De Leon, Fort Bend ISD
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo promotes agriculture by hosting an annual, family-friendly experience that educates and entertains the public, supports Texas youth, showcases Western heritage, and provides year-round educational support within the community. Since its beginning in 1932, the Rodeo has committed more than $575 million to the youth of Texas and education. The 2024 Rodeo is scheduled for Feb. 27 – March 17. The 2023 World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest, presented by Cotton Holdings, is scheduled for Feb. 22 – 24. For more information, visit rodeohouston.com
and connect with #RODEOHOUSTON online via Facebook
for all the latest news.