Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ Names Winners of the School Art Program’s 2022 Graphic Design Contest
Today, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo recognized award winners of the School Art Program’s 2022 Graphic Design Contest. Students were encouraged to create a graphic design of a Western art-themed poster advertising the Rodeo’s School Art Program.
Entries were judged on originality, creativity, skill and effectiveness. Winning entries receive a cash award, and the overall winning design will be printed and distributed to schools enrolled in the Rodeo’s School Art Program.
2022 Graphic Design Contest Award Winners:
- First Place: Amaris Shi, William P. Clements High School
- Second Place: Avey Dyer, Columbus High School
- Third Place: Nadia Estrada, Cypress Woods High School
- Fourth Place: Makayla Boyer, Pasadena Memorial High School
- Fifth Place: Rosali Zaldivar, George Bush High School
- Sixth Place: Yuwen Ding, William P. Clements High School
- Seventh Place: Daniela Vazquez, J. Frank Dobie High School
- Eighth Place: Yazmin Cerda, Pasadena Memorial High School
- Ninth Place: Maty Diop, George Bush High School
- Tenth Place: Anne Hu, William P. Clements High School
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo promotes agriculture by hosting an annual, family-friendly experience that educates and entertains the public, supports Texas youth, showcases Western heritage and provides year-round educational support within the community. Since its beginning in 1932, the Rodeo has committed more than $550 million to the youth of Texas and education. The 2023 Rodeo is scheduled for Feb. 28 – March 19. The 2023 World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest, presented by Cotton Holdings, is scheduled for Feb. 23 – 25. For more information, visit rodeohouston.com and connect with #RODEOHOUSTON online via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube for all the latest news.