The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ kicked off its 2019 Boot Art Contest Thursday, Sept. 13.
Houston artists are encouraged to submit their designs for a 6-foot, 3-D fiberglass statue that will be displayed during the 2019 Rodeo, Feb. 25 – March 17, 2019. Entries will be accepted through Monday, Oct. 15. Click here for official contest rules.
- Thursday, Sept. 13: Submissions open via the Rodeo’s official Facebook page
- Monday, Oct. 15: Submissions close
- Thursday, Nov. 1: Artists selected
- Monday, Nov. 5 – Friday, Nov. 16: Rodeo delivers boots to selected artists.
- Monday, Nov. 5 to Thursday, Jan. 10: Production of boot designs underway
- Monday, Feb. 25: Official unveiling of boot designs on opening day of 2019 Rodeo