Today, Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo officials revealed a new, larger RODEOHOUSTON® stage that will put fans closer to the action in 2018.
“We continue to look for new ways to improve the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo experience for our fans,” said Joel Cowley, Rodeo president and CEO. “This new state-of-the-art stage will greatly enhance the RODEOHOUSTON concert presentation and help achieve our goal of providing larger-than life experiences in NRG Park for many years to come.”
The Rodeo will debut a new rotating concert stage on opening night, Tuesday, Feb. 27, 2018, for the first time in more than 30 years.
Engineered and manufactured by TAIT, the leader in entertainment automation technology, this world-class stage features the latest advancements to boost concert presentation and fan experience.
The star-shaped stage is complete with
- a 48-foot diameter rotating performance area, expanding the footprint of the previous stage by 8 feet;
- five star points extending a length of 36 feet each, which can be raised or lowered individually or simultaneously;
- 434 lights, four times as many lights as the previous stage;
- a laser-guided positioning system which allows the stage to be positioned in the precise center of NRG Stadium every night; and
- a 28-foot tall, motion controlled video backdrop.
“Tip to tip, this new stage is 126 feet wide,” Cowley said. “The sheer size, combined with top-of-the-line technical features, will allow entertainers to create a presentation that is uniquely theirs and to interact with RODEOHOUSTON fans like never before.”
To see the new stage in person, purchase your ticket to the Rodeo, today.