All seats in NRG Stadium meet ADA requirements for the hearing impaired and have a view of reader boards that provide a description of all action, as well as the song lyrics during the concert (when possible). Visual information also is provided by various displays in the stadium bowl and includes scores, times for timed events and contestant statistics. The Show installs eight video screens in the center of NRG Stadium, freeing up the large end zone boards for additional graphic displays.
For both the hearing and visually impaired, a selection of seats is available for purchase in NRG Stadium. Please contact the Show’s Ticket Office at 832.667.1080 for further information.
Sight Into Sound volunteers in NRG Stadium give detailed play-by-play descriptions of Rodeo events during the Downtown Rodeo Parade and select performances (2015 dates: March 7, 9 and 14). This service will help visually impaired Rodeo fans enjoy RodeoHouston® performances. Headphones are available from NRG Stadium Guest Services in sections 113, 318 and 517.
Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) are located in the following areas of NRG Stadium:
- South Lobby
- Field Level – Sections 112 and 133
- Lower Suite Level – East and West VIP elevator lobbies
- Club Level – Next to guest services booths (northwest and southeast corners)
- Upper Suite Level – East and West VIP elevator lobbies
- Upper Concourse – Sections 517 and 543
- Press Box Elevator Lobby
Additionally, AEDs are located on the first and second levels of NRG Center. Professional medical emergency personnel are available during Show operating hours to help with AED use and to handle major and minor medical needs and emergencies.
Coordinated by the Fellowship of Christian Cowboys, non-denominational services are held each Sunday at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. during the Show. Cowboy Church features its own unique brand of music, fellowship and faith. It’s located at Café on the Park on the second level of NRG Center.
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ is implementing enhanced security measures throughout the Show grounds. Security procedures include, but are not limited to, performing body wand and bag checks at several NRG Park entrance gates, and random bag checks at all NRG Stadium gates.
Patrons should allow additional time to enter the grounds, as these security measures may be in place as they arrive at the event.
This information will be posted at all gates and park-and-ride locations:
All patrons are subject to wand and bag check screening at entrance gates.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- air horns
- banners bearing advertisements
- banners judged to be in poor taste or offensive
- beach balls
- flag poles
- Frisbee® and other sports discs
- hover boards
- laser pointers
- selfie sticks
Audio recording is not allowed in the stadium.
Video recording is not allowed in the stadium during RodeoHouston® competition and concerts, and camera tripods may not be used at any time.
Professional medical emergency personnel are available during Show operating hours to handle major and minor medical needs and emergencies. Several first aid stations are located throughout the Show grounds and are staffed by volunteer emergency medical technicians, paramedics and registered nurses.
- NRG Center Room 109 and Hall C Lobby
- Just outside the front of NRG Arena and inside the main doors, facing the carnival
- Southeast entrance of NRG Stadium
Stop by the General Store, located at the entrance to Hall D for your last minute needs while on the Show grounds. The store carries medicines, baby items, rain gear, sunscreen and other convenience items. The General Store is run by the Commercial Exhibits Committee.
Hand-sanitizing stations are located at the entrance of each exhibit hall in NRG Center, and near the pony rides, petting zoos, birthing center and various locations throughout AGventure. Outdoors, the stations can be found by the petting zoo and pig races. Housed in little red barns, these waterless hand sanitizers are easy to see and use for visitors of all ages. Guests are encouraged to use the hand sanitizers and the sinks in the restrooms to clean their hands frequently.
Copies of the Visitors Guide, containing daily Show schedules, maps and general information, can be obtained at the Show’s information booths and stand-alone positions. The booths are located throughout the complex. A member of the Directions & Assistance Committee in a maroon vest can provide assistance.
Patrons can report missing items and return found items at the Show’s lost-and-found area, located in NRG Center, room 102B. All items will be kept in that office throughout the Show. For items lost or found in NRG Stadium, please check with any of the six guest services booths on the day the item is lost, or check with the Show’s lost-and-found area in NRG Center after 10 a.m. the following day.
Largely through the work of the Show’s Recycling Committee, products from Show grounds are kept out of landfills and turned into reusable products. All Show patrons can contribute to this program by using the specially-marked containers for products which can be recycled.
2015 Recycling Numbers
- 243,000 pounds of cardboard
- 27,000 pounds of glass
- 50,000 pounds of plastic and aluminum
- 6,200 gallons of grease
NRG Park bans the use of all remotely controlled devices such as aircraft, cars, etc.
- No remotely controlled aircraft or ground vehicle devices are authorized to operate on, above or below NRG Park property at any time without the express written consent of SMG, Harris County Sports & Convention Corporation or the proper law enforcement authority.
- This procedure includes, but is not limited to unmanned aircraft systems, radio controlled model aircraft, other devices that can be operated in airspace and remote controlled cars/ground vehicles.
- Possession or operation of such remotely controlled aircraft or ground vehicle devices without prior written consent will result in the confiscation of all related materials, removal from NRG Park property, and/or a response from law enforcement authority.
- NRG Park will notify the Federal Aviation Administration and/or the Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF), and/ or any other law enforcement authority deemed necessary of any incidents involving airborne aircraft or any other unauthorized remote controlled ground based vehicles.
- Events requiring the use of any such prohibited items listed above must receive a prior written notification of approval from SMG, HCSCC or the proper law enforcement authority. Any and all entities requesting to utilize a remotely controlled device must sign the appropriate documentation prior to bringing any such equipment on to, above or below NRG Park property.
All facilities located on the Show grounds can easily accommodate guests in wheelchairs. Special ramps, restrooms and water fountains are located in all buildings.
Wheelchairs and mobility scooters are available to rent on site at the locations listed below and will require a form of identification that will be held as collateral for the equipment.
Reservations are recommended at the following link: http://locations.scootaround.com/Houstonlivestock
Daily Hours of Operation: 9 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Outdoor booth locations:
- Gate 10 entrance
- Southeast corner NRG Stadium (across from Amegy Bank Gate)